Travelling With Kids
ÇÇ DO YOU HAVE A CHILD UNDER 7 YEARS OF AGE?
Park On King’s most important priority is to ensure that you and your children arrive at your destination safely. If you are travelling with children under the age of seven (7), they are required by law to be seated in a suitable child restraint when travelling in Park On King’s shuttle buses. We have several vehicles that accommodate Type B‐ Forward Facing child restraints. They will be professionally fitted from a certified child restraint fitter; however these vehicles are subject to availability at the time of departure/arrival. As we have a limited number of restraints, we recommend all parents drop their young children at the airport terminal first, together with an accompanying adult, prior to parking your vehicle with us.
TYPES OF RESTRAINTS
Different types of child restraints are designed to accommodate children of specific sizes. In general terms, these sizes equate to the ages of typical children. It is important when choosing a child restraint that it is appropriate for their size. This may not necessarily match the child’s age group especially if they are bigger or smaller but it is a good gauge.
Type A1‐Rearward Facing
Rearward facing restraints are for babies weighing up to 9kg (or 12kg, depending on the maker of the restraint) or approximately six (6) months of age. Often called capsules, these restraints utilise a harness system to secure the baby. The restraint is held in place by a seatbelt and a top tether strap. The seat faces rearward and incorporates a 6‐ point harness. At Park On King, we do not provide A1‐Rearward Facing restraints, we recommend customers drop their young children at the airport terminal first, together with an accompanying adult, prior to parking your vehicle with us.
Type B‐Forward Facing
Forward facing restraints are designed for young children who weigh from 8kg to 18kg, or approximately six (6) months to four (4) years old. The restraint is held in place by a seatbelt and a top tether strap. The seat faces forward and incorporates a 6‐point harness.
*Note: Forward facing restraints can only be used for children aged more than six (6) months of age.
Type E‐Booster Seat
Booster seats are suitable for children between 14kg and 26kg or approximately four (4) to seven (7) years old.
Booster seats have high backs and sides to provide protection for children in side impact crashes as well as providing support for when they are sleeping. They are suitable for children from around four (4) Years of age up to seven (7) years of age. Booster seats are used with an adult lap/sash seatbelt. The seatbelt must be correctly adjusted to protect the child in the instance of a crash.
As we cannot supply a rearward facing child restraint, we are unable to legally transport children under the age of six (6) months in our shuttle buses. For children aged six (6) months and over, the following policy will apply:
- All children regardless of age will not be permitted to travel in a Park On King shuttle bus unless they are accompanied by their parent, guardian or another adult who is responsible for them.
- Park On King will not permit any child to be seated in the front seat of any shuttle bus.
- All children under seven (7) years of age are legally required to travel in a suitable child restraint.
- Children six (6) months to under four (4) years of age must be seated in one of our forward facing child restraints. Parents will not be permitted to use or install their own child restraints in any Park On King shuttle bus.Note: If your child is still travelling in a rearward facing child restraint it is recommended they have good neck control to travel in a forward facing child restraint.
- Children over four (4) years of age and under seven (7) years of age must be seated in a booster seat that is used in conjunction with an adult lap/sash seatbelt. The seatbelt must be correctly adjusted to protect the child in the instance of a crash.
- It is the responsibility of the adult travelling with the child to ensure that the restraint or booster seat is suitable for their child and that all seat belts and harnesses are properly fastened and tightened so as to protect the child in the event of an accident.
- Although we will endeavor to have a vehicle fitted with an appropriate child restraint or booster seat available, Park On King does not guarantee the availability of a booster seat or appropriate child restraint in the shuttle buses. We will not be responsible for any delays, inconvenience or losses which may arise if we cannot supply a child restraint or booster seat.
- Park On King accepts no responsibility for passengers that provide false information regarding the age of their children.